Stand with Standing Rock at Otter Brook State Park on Nov 15th, a national day of action
NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION: OCCUPY ARMY CORPS OFFICES ON NOVEMBER 15TH
RESPECT INDIGENOUS RIGHTS, LAND & WATER
Word is out that President Obama will be making his decision (likely to approve) about Standing Rock on November 17th. While he ponders this some more, Dakota Access Pipeline goes increasingly close to the Missouri River. Buffalo are now corralled and the pipeline has and 8 ft razor fence around the work. Call President Obama at 877-559-7809.
WE NEED YOU ON TUESDAY AT OTTER BROOK!!!
• PEACEFUL, NON-VIOLENT ACTION
• Dress warmly in layers.
• Bring warm drinks, snacks & lunch. (Carry in, carry out)
• Thoughtful, supportive signs, banners welcome!
• Be prepared to sit on pavement or dirt.
• Wear warm, comfortable shoes.
• Rain or shine unless there's extreme weather
• You are responsible for your own actions. We do not assume responsibility for your actions or the event of your arrest if you are disrespectful or cause concern to law enforcement if present.
• We ask that the Army Corps of engineers enforce a full and complete environmental assessment, does not cause further damage or disruption to indigenous burial grounds, and treats peaceful water protectors with respect, not excessive militarized response.
WHAT TO BRING / WEAR * Please share the event on your page today and invite friends. The post is on the main page at ECHOAction.org: #FossilFree603 NH. We know it's a weekday, but we're hoping for a really nice showing!
Bring... - A sign or banner with your own personal message. Keep it simple. Make it LARGE and BOLD to be read as drivers pass by (see below). Use a piece of cardboard or other recycled material if possible. Use poster board if you don't have anything recycled. - An optional drum, bell, poem, quote - something to share if you'd like to. - A waterproof phone protector or ziploc bag. - A friend if you would like to.
Wear... - Warm clothes - Hooded rain jacket - Comfortable shoes or boots with traction that keep your feet dry and warm. - Sunglasses - if we wear them, the sun will come? ;)
A backpack with... - Snacks and a sandwich - Water - A warm drink - Gloves, hat, scarf
In your car... - Spare warm clothes or sock - just in case you need a little extra. Whatever it takes to make yourself comfortable.
In your mind... - Clear it. If we want to talk issues and concerns, that's okay. Please choose to avoid blame and accusations (we know it's not easy) because we're all coming together for the same reason. What brings us there is not important.
Expectations... - We will meet at the entrance to Otter Brook State Park. To get there, you can access directions here or just push "directions" on your phone (make sure GPS is turned on). https://www.google.com/…/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x858b32c932c1… - Arrive around 7 AM. We will stay for several hours. - We will be standing at the roadside to raise awareness. - We may (all or some of us) be walking up to the dam. It's an easy walk through the park, along a dirt road and up to the dam. If you do not want to or can't do this walk you can stay at the entrance. - A group photo on the dam would be great!
MAP & DIRECTIONS
Otter Brook State Park (Keene & Roxbury, NH)
Meet at the entrance on Route 9
⚑ All of our actions are peaceful, weapon-free and drug-free. If you cannot agree to this, please do not join us. We ask that anyone participating in an action outside or inside any location, at marches and rallies in support of Standing Rock please keep to this expectation. To be trained in civil disobedience in the New England region, contact Sugar Shack Alliance.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
MESSAGE TO PRESIDENT OBAMA...
1. Reject Army Corps permits to drill under the Missouri River and stop this pipeline in its tracks.
2. Order a full environmental impact statement.
3. Ask the Department of Justice to send observers to stand with the people at Standing Rock to see the injustices that water protectors are facing.
NH JOINS THE STANDING ROCK NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION
Occupy Army Corps offices - Otter Brook State Park, Keene, NH
Meet at the entrance to Otter Brook State Park, 7:00 AM
- Instructions will be given for peaceful action.
- We need a large turnout to show that NH Stands against Dakota Access Pipeline, not honoring indigenous treaties and sacred burial grounds, the militarized response to peaceful demonstration & extreme response. Please share this event and invite others!
SOCIAL MEDIA STORMING
Twitter: @CorpsNewEngland, @POTUS, @StandingRockCmp
EMAIL the Army Corps of Engineers