Nonviolent Direct Action (NVDA) training in Brattleboro, February 10th
Non-Violent Direct Action (NVDA) Training
February 10th, 2018, 9:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Brattleboro Food Co-op community room
Many of the ECHO Action team received Nonviolent Direct Action (NVDA) training from the excellent instructors of the Sugar Shack Alliance. We highly recommend their course for those interested in training or in need of a refresher. Once trained, you may join Southern NH's #RoaringBrook affinity group! #ECHOaction #Resist
Cate Woolner & Carol Lewis of Sugar Shack Alliance
Participating in this training does not mean you plan to risk arrest while involved in a non-violent direct action. It is important for all of us in the environmental, social justice, racial & gender equality, peace, and democracy movements to be well-versed in non- violence. In addition to risking arrest, we need to consider all the roles necessary to make our efforts successful, including being a support person, a legal, police or media liaison.
Workshop Goals ￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼￼
- To understand and become inspired by the spirit and history of non-violent direct action
- To prepare for participation in non-violent action that may be necessary as time goes on
- To deepen connections and build stronger community among activists in the region To explore the role of privilege and power in risking arrest
- To consider joining an existing affinity group, or creating a new one
The workshop is free. Though not required, a donation of $5-$20 would be most appreciated as our way of thanking our volunteer trainers and covering the cost of materials.
- Bagels, muffins, scones, croissants, fruit, coffee & tea will be available throughout the day. For lunch, bring your own, eat in the Co-op Café, or elsewhere in town.
- There are only 25 places, and some have already been taken. So it is advisable to register early.
Tim 802.869.2141 or email@example.com.
Registering means you plan to attend barring an emergency and that you commit to the entire day.