No NH taxes for fracked gases! Take action, email legislators today.
CLEAN CONCORD STEAM WEEK OF ACTION
February 12th-17th - Take Action Now!!!
♥ "Show Granite Staters Love - Don't Use Taxes For Gases!" ♥
The State of NH wants to charge taxpayers $25M-$100M to convert the State House, state buildings and Concord School District to natural (fracked) gas to the benefit of Liberty Utilities and has ignored a no-cost, low emissions option. Green City Power has offered to spend $20M to upgrade Concord Steam at no cost to taxpayers, but the state has refused to them the opportunity to present a proposal!
- Read recent news articles
- Sign our petition
WHO IS IMPACTED BY A FRACKED GAS CONVERSION
- NH taxpayers
- NH state workers
- NH forestry industry & workers
- NH products, wildlife, tourism declining from climate change: moose, lobster, maple syrup, autumn's maple leaves, sking...
- Anyone who breathes the air
WHO PROFITS FROM THE DEAL
- Liberty Utilities.
- We have some other ideas about who is pocketing & profiting.
WHO IS BEING IGNORED
- Green City Power, who has a very reasonable no-cost offer with low emissions that keeps NH jobs.
- Taxpayers who have to pay for a conversion we don't need to increase the profits of the gas industry. Why are our lawmakers so intent on fast tracking this highly questionable deal?
WRITE A LETTER TO THE EDITOR
- Your Local Newspaper
- Concord Monitor
♥ SAMPLE VALENTINE MESSAGES ♥
- Clean Concord Steam
- Don't Gas The Granite State
- Fossil Free 603 - fracked gas is not for me
- I worked hard to pay those tax $
- Let Green City Power present their no-cost option
- I love my kid who deserves a safe & healthy school
- Pass on the Liberty Utilities deal, choose Green City Power
* Sample Valentines at the bottom of this page.
OPTIONAL: USE AN ONLINE VALENTINE MAKER
or use one of our sample Valentines at the bottom of this page!
(Edit/Add your own message!)
Dear Representative Kurk & the House Finance Committee,
New Hampshire taxpayer funds are my hard-earned dollars and I want to see them used wisely. I don't understand why you would choose to give $25-$100 million dollars to Liberty Utilities when you have an offer from Green City Power.
- No $25M-$100M cost to taxpayers
- Avoids months of disruptive construction
- Avoids pipeline expansion
- No fracked methane gas to leak in our communities and workplaces
- No loss of forestry jobs (NH wood products & transportation)
- Fracked methane gas is a very potent greenhouse gas that would not meet our state's energy goals
Please reconsider your decision to sell out NH to the highest bidder and give Green City Power the opportunity to present their no-cost plan that will keep NH forestry jobs in our state!
EMAIL A CLEAN AIR, WATER, ENERGY VALENTINE TODAY!
(Or just send an email!)
1. REPRESENTATIVE NEAL KURK
Chairman, NH House Finance Committee
Rep03281@aol.com, 603-271-3165, 603-529-7253
* He waived the right to review that would have included the Green City Power proposal to upgrade Concord Steam, avoiding the $25M-100M cost to taxpayers! Why Kurt, why???
2, NH HOUSE FINANCE COMMITTEE MEMBERS
3. REPRESENTATIVE GENE CHANDLER
4. REPRESENTATIVE STEVE SHURTLEFF
♥ SAMPLE VALENTINES ♥
Feel free to drag & drop one into your email!
Love from lots of NH taxpayers for taking the time to send an email or write a letter to the editor! #DontGasTheGraniteState