Granite Staters urged to post their property and prepare to deny access to pipeline route surveyors
IT'S TIME TO DENY SURVEY ACCESS AND KEEP KINDER MORGAN OFF YOUR PROPERTY KINDER MORGAN IS IN NH
DENY SURVEY ACCESS NOW
We informed you recently that a member was approached to rent an apartment to an agent of Kinder Morgan. We received additional information this morning and are asking for you to being denying survey access. If you did it before, yes, you should do it again. If you didn't do it before, please do it now.
We do not have any information about routes at this time and feel it is irrelevant. This is not a NED pipeline route issue, it's a statewide issue. Liberty Utilities is working throughout NH to create the need for gas that Kinder Morgan was unable to achieve, and thereby withdrew the pipeline.
Keene is a gas plant target. They are also working in Concord, Nashua, Lebanon, Hanover and other areas.
LIBERTY UTILITIES - DISCOUNTED GAS RATES
Liberty Utilities is promising a 10% discount to new customers and raising the rates on current customers to cover it. This gas will not lower our electricity rates.
You will find more information on our website that is being updated daily. Visit our blog, the Keene Gas Plant page and the Pipeline Education page. We also strongly recommend that you visit the Concord Steam page to get some background on how Liberty Utilities has been working in the state to create the need for a pipeline. We're going to need you to reach out to legislators and having some background on Concord Steam will help.
We ask for your generosity in supporting ECHO Action as we are in the process of becoming a non profit organization. We need assistance in doing our work in so many ways, especially financially. Please consider making a donation today.
There are so many reasons to oppose a pipeline and we're with you on all of them. We're here to stand together, regardless of political affiliation. Whether you oppose it because of eminent domain, the economic benefits of renewable energy and jobs that it brings, the health or safety concerns, climate or other reasons, we agree. We want to share a prosperous, safe and scenic state!
NED PIPELINE COMMUNITY SURVEY
We're still collecting important data from NED pipeline opponents. If you haven't taken our survey yet, please take a few minutes to do so. It's multiple choice and check box answers with 2 optional short answer questions where you can share your thoughts and choose whether to keep your comments private or share them publicly.
Our petition unites the North Country with Southern New Hampshire is standing against unneeded, destructive large-scale energy infrastructure. Please consider signing and sharing this very important petition! #NHunited
Please keep the lines of communication open.
- If you SEE something going on in a right-of-way (ROW) such as surveying, keep us informed.
- If you HEAR something from a neighbor, friend, government official, etc, please let us know.
- If you RECEIVE something, such as a letter or document in the mail, please send us a copy.
- If you MEET someone, such as a Kinder Morgan/Tennessee Gas pipeline agent or one of their contractors on your street, at your door or see them doing work, get a card, a name, a photo and send it to us.
- Visit our blog and post your comments so that anyone reading it will know you oppose the pipeline and support clean energy legislation that provides JOBS and boosts our ECONOMY!
HOW TO ADDRESS SURVEYORS
POST YOUR PROPERTY AGAINST TRESPASSING
If you haven't done it yet, post your property as NO TRESPASSING. We understand that you may not wish to restrict hikers or hunters. Think of it this way, it prevents the unwanted trespassers and informs those visiting your property that a pipeline company is forcing you to restrict access. You can always give those you know access to your property. The PDF forms are available on our Pipeline Resistance page.
We encourage the support of other organizations. We ask that you coordinate with us in taking action so we may be united and effective. We have been working with Kinder Morgan and pipeline opposition for 3 years. One thing we know for sure is that working in coordination with each other and having an educated community is key. We look forward to working with you and respectfully ask that we meet before your organization takes action.
Please contact us so we can discuss ways we can create a safe, healthy communities, clean air and water, clean energy, jobs, economy and future for the Granite State.
HOW TO DENY SURVEY ACCESS (throughout NH!)
- Fill out the form letter and send it certified mail to TGP and FERC. - Keep a copy for yourself. - Drop off or email a copy to your Town Hall.* - Drop off a copy at your local Police Department so they are aware of the properties being denied access and to expect calls regarding trespassers.*
- PDF with form letter is attached to this email.
DOCKET # Prepare your paperwork, get everything ready. As soon as the docket # is announced, we will immediately mail in the paperwork. If you are approached before the announcement, please let us know. Do not allow surveyors on your property and alert neighbors if they are on theirs. We believe there may be an announcement soon. You can always check the list of major pending pipelines at FERC.
* NEW! We want to make sure town officials and police are aware of properties that are denying access. We hope that will be everyone!