Saturday, October 27th, 6:00 PM
Ashuelot River Park to Central Square, Keene
FRACKED GAS FRIGHT LIGHTS
Costumed Flashlight/Glow Procession, Lighted Art Installation & Rally!
Fracked gas expansion, methane leaks, extreme weather, drought, floods, ocean acidification and loss of species are devastating. Sometimes you have to make a bit of a spectacle of yourself to get noticed! Join us as we shed some light on the climate crisis that fracked gas will only exacerbate!
🔸This will be the kickoff event for a series of regular Keene Climate Action night vigils!
TIME & LOCATIONS
6:30 PM - Meet at Ashuelot Park for the Fossil Free Photo Booth, then join the flashlight procession walk (sidewalk) to Central Square!
7:00 PM - Rally at Central Square in Keene
* Rain Date: Saturday, October 28th.
WEAR YOUR GLOWING BEST ATTIRE!
- Creative costumes encouraged!
- Artistic puppets or hand-held creations welcome!
- Bring or wear glow sticks on your costumes!
- Reflective tape & reflectors encouraged!
- Wear your light-up footwear!
- Join the fracked gas fright light parade before the Central Square vigil!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR OUR ART INSTALLATION
- We need 30+ volunteers for a special art installation at this event! Please contact us if you can help!!!
JOIN THE FRIGHT LIGHTS PLANNING COMMITTEE!
Email Stephanie @ECHOactionteam@gmail.com
- All are welcome! Please share and plan to join this community event as we come together for our collective future!
- Are you going renewable? Are you saying no to fracked gas expansion in Keene? Join us and we'll give you a shoutout!
Costumes and signs supporting climate action and opposition to the expansion of fracked gas in Keene are encouraged!
- Fracked Gas ≠ Climate Action
- Keene Climate Action, No Gas Fracktion
- Opposition to Liberty Utilities' fracked gas push and gas plant in Keene (no approval for a permanent plant!)
- Please stay to sidewalks and out of traffic. Attendees are responsible for their own safety. Parents are responsible children in their care.
- All of our events are nonviolent, drug-free, smoke-free and weapon-free. If you cannot abide by this, please do not join us. Thank you.