HB478 - Road Tax on Vehicles w/20+ mpg, including hybrids & EVs
Time & Location
About The Event
Wednesday, February 6, 10 am, Room 201-203
If you own a hybrid, EV or fuel efficient vehicle or support those who do, please respond immediately.
"I. Except as provided by paragraph II, the owner of each New Hampshire motor vehicle which has an equivalent miles per gallon (MPG) more than 20 MPG shall be required to pay a road usage fee at the time of registration of the vehicle, other than temporary registration, with a registration agent. The road usage fee shall be based on a vehicle that travels 10,000 miles per year and averages 20 MPG. Such a base vehicle would use 500 gallons of fuel and pay $111 per year in road toll. The road usage fee for such base vehicle is $0. The road usage fee for all other vehicles shall be $111 minus the New Hampshire road toll paid per year based on 10,000 miles of travel."
• High efficiency, clean air vehicles should not be levied a tax for road repair. Encouraging hybrid and electric vehicle purchase should be a priority.
• There are measurable benefits to clean emissions vehicles for health, the environment and climate.
• This tax could be as much as $111 per vehicle annually.
• This tax puts an unfair burden on responsible vehicle owners.
• The use of this tax is not guaranteed since it would not go directly into a road repair budget.
Public Works and Highways Committee
Karen.Ebel@leg.state.nh.us, Michael.Abbott@leg.state.nh.us, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, Daniel.Eaton@leg.state.nh.us, Michael.Pedersen@leg.state.nh.us, Joshua.Query@leg.state.nh.us, Matt.Towne@leg.state.nh.us, Ivy.Vann@leg.state.nh.us, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, John.Janigian@leg.state.nh.us, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Norman.Major@leg.state.nh.us, Patrick.Abrami@leg.state.nh.us, email@example.com, Lou.Dallesandro@leg.state.nh.us, firstname.lastname@example.org, Janet.Wall@leg.state.nh.us
TELL FORD TO PROTECT CLEAN CAR STANDARDS