MARCH FOR A CLEAN ENERGY REVOLUTION
TO CHANGE EVERYTHING, IT TAKES EVERYONE!
Join us in Downtown Philadelphia!
July 23rd: Clean Energy Summit
July 24th: Clean Energy March - the climate, clean energy, inFRACKstructure social justice
march of a lifetime!
July 25th: Democracy March on the DNC
Sign up below to join us and be part of a NH contingent of people for a clean energy future!
DNC WEEK MARCHES IN PHILLY
ECHO Action, NH Spirit and others joining us understand and agree with the following for everyone's safety and comfort.
Clean Energy Summit schedule.
InFRACKstructure contingent details. (See map below.)
- Hat & sunscreen.
- Food and lots of water. Bring your reusable bottle for refills! Water & ice available along the route.
- Medications such as inhalers. Other meds as needed in case of arrest and overnight or extended stay.
- Bandana for pepper spray attacks. (Soaked in water.)
- ID & bail money & contact numbers.
- Safe, discreet way to carry ID and $. Small over the shoulder purse, fanny pack or money belt are good choices.
- No weapons of any kind and nothing that looks like or could be misconstrued to be a weapon.
- No expensive cameras, equipment.
- No sandals. Protect your feet.
- Skip the jewelry that might get caught in a tussle.
- The numbers of everyone in the group in your phone.
- Have a buddy and keep track of each other.
- Read up on CD if you're not yet trained.
- A little bit of toilet paper can be helpful when porta potties are well attended.
- Mini first aid kit with bandaids and first aid cream.
- Sanitary napkins can be helpful to stop bleeding wounds.
BE PREPARED FOR ANYTHING
- The police may be very intolerant. Military may be on hand at the climate march and/or DNC actions during the week.
- Even peaceful action may be responded to very aggressively. Just by attending you risk personal harm and/or arrest or worse. This is not a situation where you choose to risk arrest. You may be arrested just for marching or being a bystander. You risk personal harm by participating in these events. Although we have a peaceful protest planned, if there is violence at the RNC this week, a lock down of some sort or martial law is possible in Philly. Once there, you will have great difficultly in leaving. Please consider this now.
- Do not run unless you are in immediate danger.
- Safety concerns? Look for your contingency's "marshal".
- Have an plan of where to meet if lost.
- Have a plan to exit the city if necessary.
- Have a plan if those taking the bus don't make it back.
SECURITY AT THE DNC
- Originally, Philadelphia PD said they would not arrest peaceful protesters. Do not count on that standing.
- We will keep you posted on security updates.
Recommendations from Sugar Shack Alliance's legal counsel.
- Always stay with a group so there are witnesses.
- Have phones charged and use them to document any events of concern.
- Do not interfere with police or photo/video can receive charges.
- No drugs
- No weapons
- FAFSA loan applications can be impacted if arrested.
- Recommend against no-cooperation. Do not go limp or link arms. Do not resist arrest (additional charges).
- Do not cause property damage.
- When booked, you can choose "pro se" (speak for yourself) or appointed legal counsel.
TRAINED IN NON-VIOLENT CIVIL DISOBEDIENCE
- Stephanie, Pat, Gail, Mary Beth. Assuming Doug & Gwen are as well.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- See the info graphics below.
Other tips? Let us know!